Sep 11 2007
By popular demand, Rich is back this week and will be the continuing
co-host for the Network Security Podcast. Truthfully, we’ve received
nothing but positive feedback for bringing Rich on board. Rich starts
a new segment, Talking to the Suits, his wit and wisdom on dealing with
the folks who are making the decisions and signing the checks. I guess
I’ll have to come up with a segment of my own again.
- Fight Viruses with your USB Flash Drive:
Both of us like the idea of keeping these tools in your pocket.
Keeping a LiveCD designed for cleaning up infected machines, like the Trinity Rescue Kit is a good idea too.
- Cybercriminals employ toolkits in rising numbers to steal data: Not really news.
- CustomizeGoogle: This is worth looking at just to force Gmail to use SSL at all times.
- Indian government forcing cybercafes to install keyloggers:
Another example of using a tool that doesn’t really meet the stated
goals. Massive monitoring has been shown to be very poor at catching
thieves or terrorists.
- Rich announces a new series of blog posts on Data Loss (or Leak) Prevention
- The first Talking to the Suits segment: ROI
- Tonight’s music: Refrigerator Blues by 77 South
- You can find Rich’s blog at www.securosis.com, and mine at www.mckeay.net
09-11-07 Host: Martin McKeay, Co-host: Rich Mogull