Nov 13 2007
Has it really been two years since I started the podcast? Looking at
the date of the first MP3, it really has been. If you want to listen
to a blast from the past, stick around for the last 10 minutes of the
podcast where Rich and I listen to my first podcast and pick at it
Mystery Science Theater style. Or you can save your eardrums and 10
minutes of your life by quiting before then. I hate listening to my
Thanks to Rich, we have a new site dedicated to the podcast, netsecpodcast.com.
This is where you’ll find the show notes and can subscribe to a podcast
only feed. We’ll occasionally work on joint projects here, but it’s
going to be almost entirely podcast related for the most part.
And congratulations to Paul and Larry
who’ve also reached the two year mark for podcasting. This makes us
some of the earliest security podcasts out there, if not the earliest.
- Free ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, but only until 11/14/07 at 7:00 am
- The ISC2 election starts Friday. Vote, darn it!
- Bank intern busted by Facebook: It’s not private if you posted it on Facebook!
- Botmaster owns up to 250,000 zombie PCs
- Enforcement vs. Penalties
- Federal wiretapping laws used to indict botnet operator
- Stakes are increasing in the war on cybercrime
- It’s the Enforcement, not the penalties
- A Guide to Practical PCI Compliance
- Episode 1 – It’s part of the show, you don’t have to download it separately. Or listen to it again. Ever.
- Tonight’s music: Breakdown Shakedown by Jake Lear