Jan 20 2009
By definition, every day is “historic”, but there are clearly some events that will be remembered through the annals of history more than others. Today is the inauguration of the 44th President of the United States; and boy is it a day filled with history. It’s also a day filled with a big honking data breach.
In tonight’s episode we talk about what the new administration revealed about their technology policy agenda. We also discuss worms on military systems in the UK, the security metrics of laughter, and disclosure gone bad. Again. Through all this Rich comes a little unhinged in a series of rants that cover the First Amendment, goths, and New Zealand strip clubs. Martin makes a bad submarine joke.
- Is this the largest data breach ever? And did they try and hide behind the inauguration?
- Worms run rampant through UK Ministry of Defense systems.
- Laughter as a security metric. Rich thinks we need to get over ourselves. Ironic, ain’t it
- The White House technology agenda.
- A disclosure gone inadvertently bad.
- Bay Area Security Professionals/PCI User Group
- Tonight’s Music: Fire Apes with Tuesday’s Fine