May 05 2009
It’s been a bit of a strange week on the security front, with good guys hacking a botnet, a major security vendor called to the carpet for some vulnerabilities, and yet another set of Adobe 0days. But being Cinco de Mayo, we can just margarita our worries away.
In this episode we review some of the bigger stories of the week, and spend a smidge of time pimping for a (relatively) new site started by some of our security friends, and a new project Rich is involved with.
- The Social Security Awards video is up!
- Yet more Adobe zero day exploits. Now it’s just annoying.
- McAfee afflicted with XSS and CSRF vulnerabilities.
- Torpig botnet hijacked by researchers.
- New School of Information Security blog launched.
- Project Quant patch management project seeking feedback.
- Tonight’s Music: Wound up Tight by Hal Newman & the Mystics of Time