May 12 2009
This is one of those good news/bad news weeks. On the bad side, Rich messed up and now has to retake an EMT refresher course, despite almost 20 years of experience. Yes, it’s important, but boy does it hurt to lose 2 full weekends learning things you already know. On the upside, this is, as you probably noticed from the title of the post, episode 150! No, we aren’t doing a 12 hour podcast like Paul and Larry did (of PaulDotCom Security Weekly), but we do have the usual collection of interesting security stories.
- UC Berkeley loses 160K healthcare records.
- Most people think they will be hacked. Duh.
- Heartland spends $12.6M on breach response. Possibly half going to MasterCard fines.
- Rich debuts the Data Breach Triangle, which Martin improves.
- Tonight’s Music: Neko Case with People Got a Lotta Nerve. Who knew Neko case had a podsafe MP3 available?
2 Responses to “Network Security Podcast, Episode 150”