Jun 30 2009
Martin is off in Japan this week, so I’m joined by our good friend Amrit Williams from BigFix and the Techbuddha blog. Amrit and I start off by talking about the rolling blackouts in California and disaster preparedness, before jumping into the week’s security news.
<Martin> I’m off in Japan, but not forgotten. I’m almost afraid to listen to my podcast! You’d think that by now I’d have gotten comfortable handing off the podcast while I’m away by now</Martin>
- The New York Times and Wikipedia censor reports of a captured reporter to protect him.
- Dave Shackleford on 10 things your auditor doesn’t want you to know.
- Trojan steals FTP credentials
- Juniper pulls ATM hacking talk from Black Hat
- Most systems have unpatched software. Is anyone surprised?
- Tonight’s Music: Since i haven’t figured out how to get the podcasting rights to Jimmy Buffett’s entire collection, there’s no music for tonight’s close.