Sep 29 2009
Despite a short discussion of Rich’s paranoia in the opening of the show, we mostly play it straight and stick to the security news. We found a few interesting stories this week, and the major theme seems to be “stupidity”. On one side is a prison that let an inmate reprogram their computer system, on the other a money-mule for scams that thought sending money-grams to foreign countries was a legitimate “work at home” job.
- Inmate locks staff out of prison computers. Multiple levels of hilarity ensue.
- Microsoft releases free antivirus. World doesn’t end. (Yet).
- SMB2 exploits become public. World doesn’t end. (Yet).
- NIST releases smart grid security guidance.
- A money-mule’s story. Fascinating level of naivete.
- Tonight’s music: Caught by Emma Wallace