Nov 03 2009
“The Episode that almost Wasn’t” It’s been a day. Shortly before we were scheduled to start, there was a pop and the power went out at Martin’s house. Rich has issues of his own to deal with. And Zach is … somewhere. It was only because the local electric company responded quickly for the first time I can remember were we able to squeeze in a podcast recording between emergencies. And now that we’ve recorded and posted, it’s time to put our noses back to the grindstone and work for a couple more hours.
- Heartland CIO criticizes tokenization. Gee considering they have a competing approach this is shocking!
- Congress calls for review of internal cybersecurity after major leak over P2P. Yet another shocking surprise!
- Mellon Bank employee commits identity fraud over 7 years.
- New phishing attack pretends to be from FDIC.
- Robert “RSnake” Hansen releases his “Detecting Malice” EBook. It’s very well done.
- Just Say No to FUD. Response to Anton’s article.
- Tonight’s music: Vanessa Peters and Ice Cream On Mondays with Drowning in Amsterdam