Dec 29 2009
We close out the year with a somewhat irreverent show that includes sexy security professionals, discussions of security and underwear, and a special guest appearance by Jack Daniels. Zach, Martin and Rich are all present this week as we mix a bit of the lighthearted with the regular security news.
Have a happy New Year!
- Jack Daniel, the number 1 sexiest infosec security geek of 2009, joins us to discuss this highly-respected award. (Zach was so jealous he made his own list, and put himself on it).
- Post-underwear-bomber TSA security directives leaked. They are more stupid and worthless than expected.
- GSM encryption cracked in the open. The GSM alliance responds as expected by pretending, “it really isn’t that bad… an attacker needs special skills and equipment, and it’s really hard.” Er… haven’t we heard that one before?
- Twitter bans commonly-guessed passwords. Have fun by combining them!
- Brian Krebs leaves the Washington Post. Dumb move by the post letting him go, but it might mean even better stories for the rest of us!
- Tonight’s music: Keep it Clean by Mike McGill
Comments Off on The Network Security Podcast, Episode 179