Aug 10 2011

Interview with Gregory Evans

Published by at 6:43 am under Podcast

The following is a special interview with Mr. Gregory Evans, conducted July 6th, 2011. This interview is unedited and played in it’s entirety. Mr. Evans is a unique individual and we’ll leave it up to you to form your own opinions about him.

Interview with Gregory Evans

6 Responses to “Interview with Gregory Evans”

1. nopeon 11 Aug 2011 at 10:04 pm

Please fix the naming convention for your site’s pages.

As it is, when you bookmark a page, the title is of the form:

Network Security Blog » Interview with Gregory Evans

We know which sit we are one.

Please either:

– Remove the “Network Security Blog » ” – it makes it impossible to quickly see the name of the page and it does not allow the bookmarks to be sorted.

– or –

– put it at the end of the page name

Thanks!

2. Sebastian Kübeckon 12 Aug 2011 at 3:08 am

Thank’s alot for this great interview!

3. Augustoon 12 Aug 2011 at 8:00 am

what was that “Oh my God!” in the end? Did Mr. Evans manage to hack your computer through the phone call using his ninja Cobol skills?

4. Martinon 12 Aug 2011 at 8:09 am

That was my reaction to Mr. Evans and his ego. I sometimes find it hard to believe people like that really exist. I thought that sort of sense of self-importance was something that only existed in parody. I was wrong.

5. Maurice Eon 13 Aug 2011 at 9:01 am

That was the best podcast I’ve heard you put out. Completely fascinating with very honest insights into the best way to market and profit in the computer security world. Also I agree with his end game – hacking is already a lifestyle just like many other groups of people with similar interests. Society’s perception of hackers is changing. You should have Mr. Evans on again.

6. LonerVampon 18 Aug 2011 at 1:51 pm

@Martin : I’m glad you didn’t spend any time on this editing it. Not worth the effort. Greg is saying nothing of value, most of it doesn’t really make sense, and he continues to adjust his position to be unreproachable.

@nope : I think many would disagree with your request on the title bar. I know I would. I might argue you’re using bookmarks wrong…or maybe annoyed at the extra work a scraper needs to do…

@Maurice : The best way to market and profit in the computer security world? Perhaps, but he’s not actually *doing* anything but talk, talk, talk. And that talk is neither filling nor does it taste great; it’s absolutely useless fluff. In about 2+ years of “coverage,” he still has demonstrated no actual security work and zero actual security understanding beyond the most high level boiler-plate statements; and even then they’re not really useful to anyone.