Oct 23 2011
Yesterday was a very productive day, and I’m more than a bit proud of myself. I’ve working from home for more than a few years now and I’ve gotten progressively bigger and bigger and in worse and worse shape. I’ve been in worse shape than I am right now, but it’s been a downward trend recently, something I haven’t been doing enough to combat. So I decided to quit researching stand up desks and make a prototype standup desk for myself, something i can use to decide if I want to invest in the wood to make something more polished and longer lasting. With the help of my father in law, who actually has decent skills at woodworking, something I’m sorely lacking. I’ll write up the desk in a week or two when I’ve had a chance to use it for more than a few hours.
Open Tabs 10/23/11
- Anonymous hackers take down child porn websites, leak users’ names – I hate the users, but I still have a hard time with vigilante justice.
- Metasploit Community Edition – Time to fire up a couple VM’s and play! Good chance of having HD Moore on the podcast soon, with Josh Corman to explain ‘HD Moore’s Law’
- Dropbox’s Mobile API gets a security boost – It’s about time.
- iOS tip: putting Newsstand in a folder – I hated having Newsstand take up space on my iPhone and iPad screen! (Thanks @dszp)
- A Friday rant on cybercrime legislation – Great rant by Nick Selby on why knee jerk legislation concerning computer crimes is going to do more harm than good.