Aug 14 2012
This week we’re joined by Adrian Lane (Rich’s coworker, but it was Martin’s idea) to give us some more insight on his latest WAF research. The WAF situation is actually a lot more nuanced than the “sucks/wins” arguments we usually hear. And, as usual, we also discuss the latest security news (without Zach, who has a “job” that takes his “time” or something like that).
- Adrian Lane talks about his new Pragmatic WAF Management research and the problems with WAF.
- A short discussion on the complexities of a secure password reset procedure, in response to the Mat Honan hack.
- Trapwire monitoring. Evil? Only time will tell. How’s THAT for a FUDDY title
- Barracuda on the pay-for-play Twitter underground.
- Law enforcement can’t crack the iPhone, what are the implications?
- An article about finding attack origins that we couldn’t really make sense of.
- Tonight’s Music: The Garrett Nordstrom Situation with Death Letter Blues